CMI Accessories Pty Ltd. (referred to as “CMI”) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (referred to as “APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for Australia (referred to as the “Principles”).
Collection of personal information
CMI is in the business of selling and distributing wholesale mobile phone and electronics accessories within Australia. As a matter of conducting its routine business, CMI may collect the following types of personal information: name, address, telephone number, email, credit references and financial information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information when required by law but generally, we collect personal information from you (or about you) to allow us to:
- supply you with products, services or offers that may benefit you & your business;
- better communicate with you;
- improve your overall experience with us;
- notify you about our new products and services, discounts or promotions; or
- process refunds or returns and for other related administrative purposes.
When and how do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information directly from you when you consent to communications from CMI. Your consent may be express (e.g. you agree to the use of your information by ticking a box) or implied by an action you take or do not take (i.e. because you have agreed to terms and conditions that contain information about the use or disclosure of your information).
You provide us your information when you:
- register to become a member;
- ask to find out more about our products or services;
- participate in our promotions;
- lodge a return;
- receive a refund or credit;
- deal with us on the phone or via email, or
- browse our website.
We may collect information about how you use our website(s) or applications to help us better serve you. When you look at a CMI operated website, the internet service provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site you have visited; and
- the type of browser you are using.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting have been enabled on CMI operated website/s and as a result personal information about users such as age, gender and interests may be collected.
Such information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose of better understanding users and identify how experience and interaction can be improved and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
Disclosure of personal information
- for the intended purpose it was collected;
- to supply to you, respond to you, send you marketing communications, process refunds, credits and returns, and to operate our business;
- if we sell all or part of our business(es) and the buyer also requires your personal information;
- to enforce our legal rights or those of others;
- to prevent actual or potential fraud or illegal activity;
- who provide services to us ranging from technology, data storage, website hosting, marketing, operations and customer service; or
- if we are required to do so by law.
If personal information is disclosed to a third party, we are required to take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is treated in accordance with the APPs. Some of our suppliers, who provide services to us, may be located overseas.
Security of personal information?
Your personal information may be stored by us in various forms including both electronic and hardcopy. Personal information is only accessible by persons that require access to that information to carry out their work. CMI has directed its staff that personal information must be dealt with in accordance with this Policy and kept secure from unauthorised access or disclosure.
When your personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
CMI Accessories implements Trend Micro Advanced Business Security Services and Hosted Email Security as perimeter protection as well as the Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) stack. All data stored on CMI Accessories internal servers is backed up and protected by Acronis encryption.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to your personal information we have by contacting the CMI Head Office. We will provide you with access once you have proved your identity. If your personal information is incorrect or you wish us to delete it, contact us to update or delete it.